PERSONALIZED COOKING CLASSES
SAMPLE MENU: Specialized Dietary Restrictions / Gluten Free / Vegetarian / Lactose Free
- Apple-Cherry & Almond TartTechniques: Gluten free, Baking, Low Glycemic Fruit
- Marsala Wine Roasted Wild Mushrooms, Cannelini Bean & Creamy Polenta RagoutTechniques: Creating Complete Proteins, Infusing Flavors, Combination Cooking Method
- Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Pea Tendrills & Warm Shallot Vinaigrette Topped with a Poached Egg & Potato CrispTechniques: Complete Proteins continued, MUFA (monounsaturated fats), Adding Alliums Health Benefits, Poaching Method, Emulsification Process
IN HOME PRIVATE CHEF
SAMPLE MENU: Customized Private Chef Dinner
- 1st CourseNapoleon of Herbed Chevre & Roasted Golden Beets, Baby Romaine, Toasted Pecans & Balsamic Reduction Vinaigrette
- 2nd CoursePuree of Asparagus Soup, Parmesan Crema, Crispy Pancetta
- 3rd CourseRavioli, Ricotta, Poached Egg Yolk, Lemon Beurre Noisette
- 4th CourseSeared Diver Scallops, Israeli Couscous, Brunoised Zucchini, Corn & Orange Butter.
- 5th CourseEncrusted Petite New Zealand Lamb Chops, Malaysian Tomato Chutney
- 6th CourseVanilla Buttermilk Panna Cotta, Strawberry & Grand Marnier Compote, Mixed Berries, Toasted Pound Cake, Caramel Tuile
MEET THE CHEF
- Professional Chef, Instructor, Nutritionist: I earned a BA from James Madison College at Michigan State University in International Relations with a cognate in French. I worked for the largest wine distributor in Michigan before backpacking on 2 continents exploring food and culture. Returning back to the "real world" I enrolled into the culinary program at Oakland Community College learning the arts and science of cooking. After school I acquired years of formal training at the top rated fine dining restaurants in metro Detroit and trained under 3 James Beard award winning chefs. After my last restaurant position as executive pastry chef I went on to become the corporate catering chef for Motorola and then Compuware. I taught culinary school at the Art Institute for 9 years and have had a career in the food industry spanning 25 years.Make sure you are hiring a professional. A chef has culinary training as well as sanitation training. I am a member of the American Culinary Federation and certified with the National Restaurant Association as a Servsafe approved food worker. In addition, I am also a Servsafe Instructor and Proctor; meaning I am certified to teach the National Restaurant Association courses. I taught these courses and trained students to pass the certification process for years!
- Chef Carolyn is number one!! Chef Carolyn has catered numerous parties at my house, ranging from amazing dessert tables, to backyard bbqs, to a holiday family dinner. Each time, Chef Carolyn has exceeded my expectations. The food is fantastic, the presentation is picture-worthy (indeed, many of my guests have in fact taken pictures of the food), and Chef Carolyn is an absolute pleasure. I have been to many catered events and Chef Carolyn is by far the best! -Mary D. Royal Oak
- Fresh, simple and delicious!!! Carolyn is an amazing and creative chef! I love food and love to cook but she has inspired me with the combination of ingredients that I never would have thought of to make delicious meals that are really quite simple to make (once you know how!). - Christine O. Pleasant Ridge
- Delicious! Chef Carolyn is a very knowledgeable and talented chef. I had a wonderful experience with her!!! Sue M. Farmington Hills
- Can't Miss! Carolyn is not only an amazing & accomplished chef, but she also holds the amazing ability & gift to be able to communicate her expertise to both professionals & novices alike with razor sharpness. You are in excellent hands! William S. - Bloomfield Hills
- CAROLYN IS A VERY SKILLED CHEF! WHEN I HAD QUESTIONS, CAROLYN WAS SO HELPFUL, MAKING GREAT SUGGESTIONS. I WAS IMPRESSED BY HER VERY IMAGINATIVE DISHES AND USE OF INGREDIENTS. Judy S.- Washington Twp
- Run, Do Not Walk When the Dinner Bell Rings! I am fortunate to have repeated access to Carolyn's outstanding creations. She is an exquisitely talented chef who also is a dietician, so you get good food that's good for you. Carolyn's spectacular cuisine is a gourmand's (and gourmet's) delight. John C. - Chicago
- fun, friendly and 100% professional! Carolyn catered my son's graduation party. She did an excellent job, the food was outstanding, and her attention to detail enabled us to enjoy the party without worrying about the food. She was very easy to work with, very professional, yet fun and friendly as well. She has had years of experience, and it definitely shows. jen w. - Beverly Hills
- Birthday Cake! Carolyn made my son's first birthday even more memorable with an incredible, delicious cake. Carol D. - Livonia
- Super Instructor and Experience! Carolyn's cooking class was given to me as a gift and what a gift it was!!! Every aspect of the experience, from Carolyn's culinary knowledge and skills to her warmth and the incredible dishes, was first rate. I invited a friend to join me and together we learned a great deal from Carolyn while feasting on the delectable courses that she prepared. Awesome and delicious experience! K. Squires Franklin, MI
HOW IT WORKS
In Home Cooking Services From Private Cooking Classes to Private Dinner Parties Available!
- To many home cooks, taking a private cooking class sounds impossibly grand but it is surprisingly economical, especially if guests help foot the bill. In contrast to cooking schools where you learn to cook what that class is set up to teach, here you not only get to choose what you want to make but the price actually decreases the more people you have. It's like having an impressive dinner party where you just can't help learning something! One on one private cooking instruction is also available. Classes include all shopping, additional equipment if needed and cooking instruction from a professional chef. There may or may not be additional food costs based on your menu choice. Group Rates are available. All Private Chef Dinners are uniquely designed and specialized to the tastes of each client.