Pick one or mix two of your favorite(s) from main
- Kakuni pork bellySuper tender Japanese braised pork belly is simmered in 2 stages. It's even hard to hold it with chopsticks for its tenderness!
- Karaage fried chickenMarinated in our original karaage sauce, flavoured with ginger, garlic, soy source and Japnese seasonings and freshly fried at the site. Served with our mouth watering leek sauce on top!
- Fried tofu with walnut and miso sause (V)Our tofu is from Bristol. The sauce is based on miso with the added nutty richness of toasted walnuts. Fried tofu has a crispy outside with a mochi-like texture underneath and a soft inside. Walnut and miso might sound new but this is proper Japanese traditional style cooking!
And from up to three of our veggie sides
- Twice-Cooked Aubergine(V)Meaty aubergine absorbing a lot of dashi broth which melts in your mouth! This is an explosion of umami!
- Piri Piri Lotus Root (V)We call this unique and adorably shaped root vegetable "renkon" which you might know as lotus root. It has a very lively texture - you'll hear them skipping on your tongue! I use a Japanese cooking technique called "Kinpira" which means to "sauté and simmer".
- Sesame KaleThis is a classic side dish simply combining kale and toasted sesame seeds. With the sweet bitterness of the kale and toasty soy sauce flavour tossed with sesame you can never go wrong!
- Dirty BeansFreshly crushed black sesame seeds mixed with sweet green beans. This very traditional Japanese veggie dish is called goma yogoshi in Japanese and this simply means dirty with sesame!
- Carrot and corriander salad(V)I have given this south Asian style salad a Japanese twist by adding some seasonings found in Japan. Colorful, beautiful and flavourful. Choose this dish and your donburi will become very lively!