All of our ciders are aged at least a year before your enjoyment. Pressed, fermented, and bottled in-house from Frederick County apples. Our signature ciders are in the eastern English style, off-dry and wonderfully refreshing when served at cellar temperature.
- MaliceOur flagship cider hearkens back to our cidermaster's homeland, and is a proper English cider. A slowly fermented and lightly effervescent blend of five apple varieties that is sure to please. WINNER - SAVOR Magazine: Best Traditional Cider 2020
- 522Inspired by the English "cider and black," our 522 benefits from the addition of blackcurrant juice after fermentation. Blackcurrants instill an authentic fruit finish and beautiful hue. WINNER - SAVOR Magazine: Best Flavored Cider 2020
- Va-GingaThe addition of 100% fresh-pressed ginger root before pasteurization offers an international twist on our Malice blend, with a pleasantly zesty finish.
- Wyld CideTart and tangy, the Wyld Cide is a careful balance of black currant juice and fresh pressed ginger.
- Pious PearPious Pear is a blend of 70% apples and 30% locally grown pears. It is lightly carbonated with a dry-medium flavor profile and a soft fruity finish. Available only at our tasting room.
These ciders are more in tune with the cidermaking traditions of England's western counties. Aged for 9 months or more in oak barrels which were once the vessels for the aging of different spirits. These ciders take on subtle cues from the original spirits.
- Wicked Wiles: BourbonA Western English style, off-dry, still cider. From a blend of two apple varieties then aged in “brewed-in” bourbon barrels for a minimum of 9 months, ensuring malolactic fermentation, giving tart and sour notes when chilled but bourbon notes when warmed in your hand. Serve in a bowl glass.
- Wicked Wiles: RyeSame fermentation procedure as our Wicked Wiles: Bourbon, but characteristically less sour. A subtle hint of rye on the palate.
- Wicked Wiles: BrandyUnique among our barrel-aged creations, this cider is lightly carbonated after aging to balance the brandy and apple notes. Available only at our tasting room.
- Wicked Wiles: RumProduced in limited amounts, this cider is similar to Wicked Wiles Rye, with very subtle rum notes on the finish. Available only at our tasting room.
- The WinstonNamed after the cidermaker's dog, and created due to strong demand from our fans, The Winston is a blend of Malice and Wicked Wiles: Bourbon. Lightly carbonated with subtle bourbon notes. Available only at our tasting room.
Our Specialty Ciders range from natural fermentations, to collaborations.
- CopestoneUtterly dry with subtle tannins. Two apple varieties are fermented separately with different yeast, then blended together.
- Sour PussNaturally fermented cider with added honey and a slow fermentation over 10 months. Sour cherries (thanks Escutcheon Brewing!) were then added and the cider was allowed to age for another 2 months to complete the souring process. Lightly filtered and carbonated. Dry and sour.
- Red Wine BarrelFermented in red wine barrels from a Virginia winery which previously held Cabernet Franc. A mellow cider, with a hint of blush and ideal as a drink on its own or with a large variety of foods.
- Turmeric ChaiAn exotic blend with tumeric and chai sprices added to the fermentation to give an aromatic cider with a beautiful color. Ideal with a range of spicy foods.
- CyserA Cider Collaboration. A naturally fermented cider using 100% Gold Rush apples blended with Wildflower Honey Mead from Misty Mountain Meadworks. Available only at our tasting room.