Kaiseki Bento Boxes
Multi-course dinner boxes. A well-balanced personal meal for one! Served with miso soup and rice.
- Beef Yakiniku$26Kobe beef in a spicy yakiniku sauce with onions, pork gyoza, ebi shumai, sweet broiled Japanese eggplant, edamame, and kinpira.
- Shellfish Combo$23Fried oyster, crab croquette, gyoza, ebi shumai, sweet broiled Japanese eggplant, edamame, and kinpira.
- Black Cod$22Miso marinated black cod, marinated chicken tempura, ebi shumai, sweet broiled Japanese eggplant, edamame, and kinpira.
- Teriyaki Salmon$22Grilled organic salmon, marinated chicken tempura, ebi shumai, sweet broiled Japanese eggplant, edamame, kinpira.
- Unagi Kabayaki$22Broiled fresh water eel, marinated chicken tempura, ebi shumai, sweet broiled Japanese eggplant, edamame, and kinpira.
- Tori Karaage$22Flour-battered fried chicken, spicy aioli, gyoza, ebi shumai, sweet broiled Japanese eggplant, edamame, and kinpira.
- Saba Shioyaki$20Grilled salted mackerel, marinated chicken tempura, ebi shumai, sweet broiled Japanese eggplant, edamame, and kinpira.
- Sunomono Moriawase$12Shrimp, surf clam, octopus and crab with sweet vinaigrette .
- Kani Sunomono$10Crab, seaweed, cucumber and sprouts with sweet vinaigrette.
- Tako Sumiso-ae$10Sliced octopus, scallion and cucumber with sweet miso.
- Mentaiko$8Spicy cod roe.
- Ebi Shumai$7Steamed shrimp dumplings.
- Hiyayakko$7Chilled soft tofu with scallions, ginger and bonito flakes.
- Hourenso Goma-ae$7Spinach with sesame seed dressing
- Tsukemono$7Assorted pickled vegetables
- Hijiki$6Braised black sea vegetables, carrot and yam
- Kinpira$6Marinated Japanese burdock root, lotus root and carrot
- Edamame$5Edamame with Sea Salt
- Natto$5Fermented soy beans
- Tofu Avocado$14Soft tofu, avocado with sesame seeds with creamy dressing
- Kaisou Salad$11Assorted wet seaweed on baby greens with sesame dressing
- Amu Salad$10Seasonal greens and dried seaweed with wasabi yuzu dressing
Raw fish and other dishes from the front of house chef
- Tako Sumisoae$10Thinly-sliced octopus, cucumber, and scallions with a sweet and smokey miso marinade
- Kani Sunomono$10Crab, cucumber, seaweed, and sprouts with a sweet and slight smokey vinaigrette
- Sunomono Moriawase$12Shrimp, surf clam, octopus, and crab over cucumbers with a sweet and slightly smokey vinaigrette
- Individual Sashimi (6 pcs)$16Please choose one of the following: Salmon, Tuna, Yellowtail, Octopus, or Mackerel
- Hamachi Carpaccio$18Yellowtail sashimi, salmon roe, and scallions, with a ponzu vinaigrette and citrus mayo
- Maguro Avocado$18Tuna marinated in umami soy sauce with citrus mayo
- Sashimi Moriawase$28Three pieces each of salmon, tuna, yellowtail, octopus, and mackerel
Seasonal fish from around the world served as 6pc sashimi
- Chef's Seasonal Selections$24Three pieces of three different fish, flown in from Japan multiple days a week!
- Kanpachi Sashimi (6pc)$18Hawaiian Amberjack, a cousin of yellowtail- has a firmer texture and sweeter flavor than the latter
- Hiramasa$18Adolescent yellowtail, more lean and with a richer flavor than your standard yellowtail
- Madai$18Japanese Red Sea Bream, also known as red snapper. Has a very soft and fatty flesh, served with seared skin which is the secret to its distinct flavor.
- Kinmedai$18Golden-eye Snapper, or Alfonsino. A cousin of snapper, has a full-flavored and richness to it that other white fish lack.
- Mozuku$7Traditional dish from Okinawa, marinated brown seaweed with ginger and cucumber. One of the world's healthiest foods!
- Shima Aji$18A cousin between aji and kanpachi, has a more subtle flavor than aji while being a bit sweet like kanpachi. One of the chef's favorites!
Yakimono - Grilled Selections
- Yakiniku$22Thinly sliced BBQ Snake River Kobe Beef and sautéed onions
- Okonomiyaki$17Osaka style savory “pancake” with pork, squid and vegetables
- Tofu Steak$16Sautéed vegetables with spicy miso over grilled tofu
- Unagi Kabayaki$14Fresh water Eel in Japanese BBQ sauce
- Kamo Aburi$14Broiled Maple Leaf Farms duck - Teriyaki or Sea Salt
- Gindara Kasuzuke$14Juicy Black Cod marinated in sake pulp
- Gyu Tataki$14Thinly sliced seared beef with ginger garlic sauce
- Yamaimo Butter$12Japanese mountain yam sautéed in butter with Yuan sau
- Sake Harami Kasuzuke$12Fatty Salmon belly marinated in sake pulp
- Ika Maruyaki$12Grilled Squid brushed with a delicate sweet soy sauce
- Saba Shioyaki$10Mackerel grilled with sea salt
- Tori Aburi$10Grilled 100% natural free range chicken - Teriyaki or Sea Salt
- Muuru Gai Misoyaki$8New Zealand green lip mussels broiled with a spicy miso sauce
- Gyoza$7Pan-fried premium pork and chicken dumplings
- Sukiyaki$26Cooked Kobe Beef, vegetables, tofu, in broth with a poached egg
- Zousui$6Udon noodles for a great finish to your Sukiyaki
Agemono - Fried Selections
- Chicken Nanban$13Marinated free range chicken braised with Japanese Nanban sauce
- Nasu Yuzu Miso Dengaku$10Eggplant with yuzu infused miso sauce and burdock root chips
- Mochi Kakiage$10Two hot rice cakes with assorted seafood and vegetables
- Toriten$10Marinated chicken tempura with Karashi mustard on the side
- Kani Cream Croquette$9Two croquettes filled with crab meat, vegetables and cream
- Calamari Tempura$9Japanese sliced squid hood tempura
- Ebi Chile$9Shrimp with a spicy chili sauce
- Ebi Renkon$9Minced-shrimp sandwiched between lotus root slices
- Soft Shell Crab$9Tempura style whole crab with Ponzu sauce
- Chikuwa Isobe$8Fish cake lightly battered with seaweed flakes
- Ika Geso Age$8Squid legz marinated with garlic sauce
- Agedashi Tofu$8Deep-fried tofu with dashi broth
- Agedashi Mochi$8Deep-fried mochi with dashi broth
Noodles, Soup and Rice
- Tekka Don$15Tuna sashimi marinated with umami soy sauce, served over rice
- Oyako Gohan$15Grilled salmon, salmon roe, and a sweet egg omelet served over white rice.
- Kamo Soba$13Green tea buckwheat noodles served with sliced duck dipping broth
- Zaru Soba$9Chilled green tea buckwheat noodles with raw quail egg and wasabi
- Yaki Onigiri$7Grilled triangular rice balls brushed with umami soy sauce
- Steamed White Rice$3
- Misoshiru$3Freshly made miso soup
Ask about our special desserts!
- Japanese Cotton Cheesecake$10Souffle cheesecake. We're not saying it will change your life for the better, but it will.
- Macha Cheesecake$10Green tea cheesecake with a chocolate crust, more similar to a traditional cheesecake than the Japanese Cotton.
Currently selling by the bottle only
- Tamanohikari Junmai Ginjo +1 180ml can$12"Happiness in a can" Rich and dry flavor, hints of banana, clove and dried fruit.
- Kikusui Junmai Ginjo 720ml +1$65Light, soft texture
- Chiyonosono Junmai Ginjo 720ml +2.5$81Very well-balanced and velvety. Begins with a sweeter note and then finishes with a pleasantly dry and crisp bite. A staff favorite!
- Onikoroshi Junmai Daiginjo 720ml +0$100Very light, elegant aromas
- Kurosawa Junmai 1.8L +2$100Full bodied, earthy yet light
- Hatsumago Junmai 1.8L +3$115Light and clean
- Otokoyama Junmai 1.8L +10$120Smooth flavor, crisp dry finish
- Suijin Junmai 1.8L +10$120"God of water" dry and full flavored, similar to the Otokoyama
- Taisetsu Junmai Ginjo 1.8L +3$120Mineral and citrus
- Masumi Junmai Ginjo 1.8L +4$135Balanced, silky, and floral
Unfiltered "PEARL" Sake
- Kinushiro Nigori 500ml -40$45Velvety, creamy
- Hakutsuru Sayuri 300ml -11$20
Japanese spirit derived from different ingredients
- Ginza no Suzume 720ml$45Wheat
- Benitome 720ml$45Sesame
- Kurokirishima 720ml$55Japanese Sweet Potato
- Akakirishima 720ml$65Japanese Red Potato
- Kannoko 720ml$55Barley
- Sapporo 700ml$8.50
- Hitachino Nest White Ale 330ml$12Wheat ale, flavored with coriander, orange peel, and nutmeg
- Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale 330ml$12Brewed with red rice from ancient times, has a lovely fruity flavor and aroma.
- Hitachino Nest Classic Ale 330ml$12A recreation of the first Japanese beer made in the Edo period, aged in cedar barrels. Similar to an English-style ale (i.e. Newcastle)
- Hitachino Nest Daidai IPA 330ml$12Brewed with fukuremikan orange and special hops