2.5 years - 3.5 years. Contact us for class availability.
- Petite FeetCreative dance and theatre playtime for 2.5 to 3.5 year olds. Dance, song, storytime drama, costume, props and creative play. Set your child on a journey of discovery.
7 years - 18 years. Contact us for class availability.
- Junior Drama7-11 years. The emphasis of these classes is on stretching the imagination, discovering and harnessing confidence and applying these skills to performance based and exam pieces. Students will also develop voice technique, including vocal projection, diction and vocal expression. All Junior students will work towards LAMDA examinations, and all students will have the opportunity to be involved in performance pieces for our regular Bearfoot showcases.
- Elementary & Senior Drama11-18 years. Students will learn how to use their imagination and intellect to create and develop well-rounded characters. We strive to inspire confidence and build self-esteem by exploring the art of improvisation, which also improves quick thinking, trust and team-work skills. Students will also develop vocal technique, we will cover posture & alignment, breath support, vocal anatomy, vocal variety and voice projection. All Elementary & Senior students will work towards LAMDA examinations, and all students will have the opportunity to be involved in performance pieces for our regular Bearfoot showcases.
- LAMDA Exams5-18 year olds. Work towards graded Acting examinations with the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. The LAMDA Acting exam syllabus is designed to help students develop the skills necessary to communicate dramatic text to an audience. Preparation for these exams will involve students developing interpretative skills, technical skills and knowledge of the performance process. We will explore style, form, character, subtext and context, develop skills in voice, diction and movement and gain knowledge and understanding of the chosen scene selections. LAMDA certificates convert to UCAS points. Public Speaking Examinations are also available upon request.
3.5 years - 18 years. Contact us for class availability.
- Street Dance & Commercial Hip HopAn increasingly popular and versatile form of dance. The style has broadened in recent years from the early days of underground Hip Hop culture to the professionally choreographed routines in pop and R&B music videos we see today. ISTD examinations available.
- ContemporaryFree-form Contemporary focusing on technique and self-expression. Some cross over into Ballet, Jazz and Commercial dance. This dance style is all about creativity and is accessible to all.
- JazzA traditional dance style concentrating on technique. Improve your kicks, turns and leaps and learn the fundamental style that has inspired film/TV, theatre shows and music videos for years. ISTD exams are available.
- ModernThe ISTD Modern syllabus is creative and expressive. It has a strong technical basis and encourages musicality and quality contrasts. Modern dance covers a broad range of styles and is suitable for Musical Theatre and performance dance. ISTD examinations are available.
- BalletStrength, stamina and precision. Ballet is the foundation of all dance and is essential for entry into full-time schools. ISTD examinations are available to all students but our teaching methods primarily inspire individual creativity and joy.
- TapA timeless dance style that can be seen everywhere from classic Hollywood cinema to today’s West End. In class we concentrate on rhythm, musicality and classic Jazz lines. Exams are available with the ISTD.
The Acrobatic Arts examination process is designed to motivate dancers. Having defined and achievable goals is a proven way to motivate dancers to excel. Dancers work through twelve exam levels, each designed to create a well balanced acrobat, including elements of flexibility, strength, balance, limbering and tumbling.
- Initial AcroAges 5-8
- Junior AcroAges 9-13
- Senior AcroAges 14-18
5 years - 18 years. Contact us for class availability.
- Musical TheatreThe singer’s class with dance and drama elements. Vocal warm-ups are followed by songs from musicals you know and those you’ve yet to discover. Musical performance orientated classes. Cross-over with Drama and Dance.
- Singing ClassesSinging lessons with Abi Finley. Weekly Classes for Junior and Senior age groups. 6 years - 18 years. Private lessons upon request.
18+ Contact us for class availability.
- BalletGet toned and stretched with this introduction to ballet. Suitable for beginners and improvers.