A Syrian Summer Barbecue | July 11th & 12th
When we asked Fatima was she was preparing for her family's 4th of July celebration, it was these juicy chicken kebabs to barbecue on the beach and watch the fireworks! Her easy and abundant menu fits the bill for a steamy summer night, from the crisp crunch of fattoush to the succulent sizzle of shish taouk. Each feast generously serves 2-3 people and can be enjoyed as one magnificent meal or savored over several occasions. The minimum order is one $120 feast which includes every dish on the menu below. Please feel free to add extras at the price listed for each individual dish. Bilafia!
- A Syrian Summer Barbecue$120A feast that includes one of each of the dishes below. Generously serves 2-3 people!
- Mukhallal itta bil toum lijdeed$8Wild cucumber pickles with spring garlic & chili
- Laban bil khiyar$8Creamy yogurt tangled with cucumber, garlic & dried mint
- Moutabal kousa$10Juicy summer squash mashed with tahini & mint
- Yalanji$12Tangy grape leaves stuffed with rice, tomatoes & fresh herbs
- Fattoush$15Chopped summer salad with crispy pita & sumac pomegranate vinaigrette
- Khubz arabi’iyeh$4Locally-baked pita bread, 4 to a pack.
- Shish taouk bil khodar wa toum$35Succulent chicken kebabs served with grilled summer vegetables & a vibrant garlic sauce
- Burghul bil banadoura$15Baharat-spiced coarse bulgur pilaf with roasted cherry tomatoes
- Kayk bilaljibneh wa mishmish$15Labneh cheesecake with cardamom-nut crust, served with apricot jam