A Syrian Squash-tacular | June 6th & 7th
Now that it's June - JUNE! - the vegetable garden is in full swing, and it's time to celebrate its bounty. We're all in need of comfort these days, and Fatima's homey squash stuffed with lamb and bathed in creamy yogurt sauce seems just the thing. The meaty cores she scoops out will become a richly savory dip mashed with tahini and mint, the flowers will be folded into succulent little fritters - no part goes to waste! Fresh fava bean dip and strawberry salad round out the seasonal delights of this menu - and luckily, pistachio baklava is in season all year round! Each feast generously serves 2-3 people and can be enjoyed as one magnificent meal or savored over several occasions. The minimum order is one $120 feast which includes every dish on the menu below. Please feel free to add extras at the price listed for each individual dish. Bilafia!
- A Syrian Squash-tacular$120A feast that includes one of each of the dishes below. Generously serves 2-3 quarantined people!
- Mukhallal janarek$10Crisp baby green plums pickled with mint
- Ful akhtar bil bazila wa shibat$12Fresh fava beans blended with spring peas, dill and a touch of yogurt
- Moutabal kousa$10Juicy squash innards sauteed with spring garlic & mashed with tahini & mint
- Ujjet zuhur kousa$15Pullet egg fritters laced with ribbons of squash blossom & fresh herbs, served with garlicky labneh on a bed of shredded lettuce
- Khubz arabi’iyeh$4Locally-baked pita bread, 4 to a pack.
- Sheik al mahshi$40The season’s first squash, hollowed out, fried and stuffed with spiced lamb & caramelized onions, then bathed in a creamy yogurt sauce with a hint of garlic and served over rice pilaf with toasted vermicelli
- Salatet alrabiyyeh$15Tender spring salad with purslane, radishes & mint in a lemony sumac vinaigrette
- Baklava festook$18Stickily decadent pistachio baklava
- Salatet farawila$12Peak of the season strawberry salad with mint & rose petal syrup