Pick one of your favourite from main
- Kakuni pork bellySuper tender Japanese braised pork belly is simmered in 2 stages. It's even hard to hold it with chopsticks for its tenderness!
- Karaage fried chickenMarinated in our original karaage sauce, flavoured with ginger, garlic, soy source and Japnese seasonings and freshly fried at the site.
- Fried tofu with walnut and miso sause (V)Our tofu is from Bristol. The sauce is based on miso with the added nutty richness of toasted walnuts. Fried tofu has a crispy outside with a mochi-like texture underneath and a soft inside. Walnut and miso might sound new but this is proper Japanese traditional style cooking!
And from two of our veggie sides
- Twice-Cooked Aubergine(V)Meaty aubergine absorbing a lot of dashi broth which melts in your mouth! This is an explosion of umami!
- Piripiri Renkon Kinpira (V)We call this unique and adorably shaped root vegetable "renkon" which you might know as lotus root. It has a very lively texture - you'll hear them skipping on your tongue! I use a Japanese cooking technique called "Kinpira" which means to "sauté and simmer".
- Goma Kale(V)This is a classic side dish simply combining kale and toasted sesame seeds. With the sweet bitterness of the kale and toasty soy sauce flavour tossed with sesame you can never go wrong!
- Nori and cabbage with ponzu(V)Ponzu is one of Japan's most loved sauces and the majority of Japanese families always have one to hand in their fridge. It is clean, refreshing and very citrusy! I especially recommend this when you choose one of the main meat options to refresh your pallet after munching on juicy meat.
- Carrot and corriander salad(V)I have given this south Asian style salad a Japanese twist by adding some seasonings found in Japan. Colorful, beautiful and flavourful. Choose this dish and your donburi will become very lively!