The bread and butter of baking. Literally. (DISCLAIMER: Butter not included)
- Thin crust pizzaSlim. Crispy. Italian. Covered in tomato sauce and cheese. Anyway, that's enough about last night's date. I want to perfect a deliciousy thin pizza dough I can drown in olive oil and cover with spicy toppings.
- SourdoughTrendy. Hipstery. Requested by Katrina who wants to live vicariously through me.
- Corn tortillasTortillas. Tortilla. Don't you just love saying that word? Nope? Just me? I live in México (cool, aren't I?) so these are a must for my baking bucket list. Are they a bread? Do you bake them? I don't know so if anyone could let me know, please do.
- Brown BreadDead
- Pan de muertoBread of the dead. Traditional Mexican recipe.
Because it wouldn't be a baking bucket list without them.
- ChouxA-CHOUX! Bless you. Choux pastry. No mean feat.
- Rough Puff"F*** YOU LOOKIN' AT MATE?" A bit more street that it's standard puff cousin.
- FiloFilo. Feel-Oh. Yep.
- Chocolate shortcrustBecause regular shortcrust is a bit too simple
- Hot water crust pastryPie. Possibly with mash. Life doesn't get much better than this.
Cakes & sponges
I love sponge. Nothing more to add.
- GenoiseNamed after the Italian city of Genoa, apparently.
- ChiffonOil based ;)
- Sticky toffee puddingWith ginger. Because Mary Berry said so.
- Mirror glaze cakeGotta check out the new trends
- An elaborately iced cakeCan you tell I'm running out of ideas?
- FondantFondant covered cake. Seems to be all the rage, even though most people would rather eat glass than fondant icing.
I couldn't think of a category to fit all of these things into
- DoughnutsOr Donuts. Without holes. These will be filled to the BRIM.
- BiscottiSomewhere in between her best friends straightscotti and gayscotti
- PretzelsSalty goodness
- French meringueOoh la la!
- Swiss meringueThe most neutral of all the meringues. Has a penchant for cuckoo clocks and banking.
- Italian meringue*insert witty caption here*
- MacaronsNot to be confused with Macron, Macaroons, or CAMEROOOOON! You can read my Maceron baking adventure on the blog at www.bakingforgranted.com/blog/macaronssss
- Cholocate ganacheHas a lot of panache. Chocolate ganache was included in the Macaron blog: www.bakingforgranted.com/blog/macaronssss
- Baked AlaskaHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!