WHAT'S ON TAP
Regular BCB beers
- Boothbay Pale Ale (633)Flagship Ale 6.33% ABV, 32 IBU A mildly hoppy pale ale using 2 row, vienna & caramel malts for body, color and head retention. It is hopped with American west coast hops later in the boil giving it a nice citrus hop flavor, aroma and bitterness. Slight additions of a roasted caramel malts gives “633” its signature sunset over the harbor glow. This one named itself when the ABV turned out to be Boothbay Region’s telephone exchange.
- Ken Brown Ale5.6% ABV, 28 IBU A sneak peak to this "salty fisherman!" Our version of an all american brown ale. We use mid-west 2-row, caramel, black, and specialty malts to give this ale its rich malt backbone, then we balance the sweetness with English hops. This beer is dark in color but lighter in body and alcohol. Brewed especially for Brown’s Wharf in honor our long-time friend & owner of Brown’s Wharf. A must visit to the HUGE "salt fisherman" statue. Don't forget his side view!!
- Thirsty BotanistJuicy NE IPA, 7.0% ABV, 50 IBU This succulent New England style India Pale Ale is brewed to celebrate the many talented & hard working horticulturists that have been beautifying the Planet for generations. Coming late to the party were Idaho #7, Mosaic, Amarillo & several other hops in healthy doses, building this into a juicy IPA Maine has become famous for. Cheers!
- 10 LEWISIPA, 5% ABV, 35 IBU A sessionable IPA using 2 row barley and red wheat gives this lower alcohol IPA it’s body and mouthfeel. Hopped with copious amounts of Citra hops post fermentation gives this beer it’s wonderful aroma and drinkability. Pride in our rich maritime history runs deep in Boothbay and the passion for preserving this is shown by having some of the best lighthouse experiences in the world. Burnt Island Light is at the top of the list by truly being “The People’s Lighthouse.” Secured by the State of Maine in 1998 for educational and public access, this gem offers an unparalleled lighthouse experience. As always our creative muse leads us to concoct a fresh local beer and to tell a story, both of which always go well together!. “10 Lewis” refers to the original source of light that was made up of ten Lewis patent reflector lamps that were arrange in a circle and burned whale oil. To keep all lamps burning require and “Imperial Attitude” for sure.
- SouthPorterHouse made and aged Vanilla for this Porter!
- Route 27 LagerMaržen style.
- Black Rocks Stout
- Loves CoveImperial Stout aged for a year in barrels 11% abv
- AgriosFarmhouse Belgian funk ale. Barrel aged for a year. Single batch.
- SweetWoods10% ABV This German inspired strong dark lager was brewed with 10 gallons of ASweetWoods Farm maple syrup made right up the road in Newcastle. We aged this beer for 4 months in bourbon barrels that had previously held maple syrup. This malt forward lager is reminiscent of his little brother “Route 27”. At first sip the bourbon and malt will greet and lead you to a silky smooth finish with flavors of light maple and oak. The perfect way to welcome Spring.
- Cryptos12% ABV, 100 IBU Greek root word - “one who overtly supports a certain doctrine.” A beer that will satisfy a hop head. Heavy poundage hop additions during the boil, whirlpool, post fermentation and conditioning is what builds this high gravity ale into a triple IPA. This beer is dangerously tasty even at 100 IBU’s. Served in a 12 oz snifter glass.
Guest Brews On Tap
We enjoy drinking beers, wines ciders & kombuchas from our "Brothers from another Mother." We hope you do too.
- Maniac Mac Gold CiderRickers, Turner, Maine 5% ABV "Gluten Free, All of Ricker's Hard Cider products are made with only the highest quality apples, which have been grown on the family farm since 1803. Mainiac Mac is a filtered, mildly carbonated hard cider made primarily from McIntosh apples mixed with a blend of other varieties of apples. The result is a naturally sweet drink with a fruity expression of Maine. With its mild carbonation, crisp finish, and full apple taste you'll be reminded of biting into a fresh picked McIntosh apple." Rockers website
- UFF KombuchaUrban Farm Fermentory, Portland, ME, 1.5% ABV "Kombucha is fermented tea. Alcohol is a natural result of fermentation. Our kombucha comes in at 1.5% ABV, as does any kombucha made in the traditional style. Many companies are willing to strip alcohol in order to sell their booch alongside juice. We, however, reject any process that compromises the taste or living culture in our kombucha. We begin by brewing a batch of organic green and black tea. The brew is cooled and then blended with liquid from a previous batch, introducing our tea to the yeasts and bacteria native to our SCOBY. SCOBY is an acronym for Symbiotic Culture Of Bacteria & Yeast and is the culture responsible for fermenting the tea. When the SCOBY is introduced to the brew, the yeasts will begin converting sugars into alcohol and the bacteria, in turn, will convert that alcohol into B vitamins and organic acids." UFF website
- WineThe Gotham Project keg wine is a collaboration between Charles Bieler (BIELER Pere et Fils, Charles & Charles, Three Thieves, Sombra mezcal) and Bruce Schneider (Schneider Vineyards, Schneider Selections, OBRIGADO Vinhos Portugal). Yes you read correctly...we serve these quality house wines from kegs. Makes sense, right! Always a fresh pour and kept in the best state possible for a great tasting wine experience! We are one of the few restaurants in Maine to make the investment to pour these great kegged wines. Acrobat, Pinot Grigio- Calif. Pinot Noir- Calif.
BCB small batch bottle pours and other necessities we carry for your enjoyment.
- AgriosBCB small batch (900), Farmhouse Ale Barrel Aged with *Brett, 6.8% ABV The 1st of our Agrios series, this beer was brewed in the early winter of 2017. The grist included Pilsner, Vienna and wheat malts along with additional flaked grains including oats, wheat and barley. It was fermented with a Belgian style saison yeast in our stainless tanks and then racked into white wine barrels where it was inoculated with *Brettanomyces yeast and left alone until Spring. Then, bottle conditioned with additional saison and Brett yeasts for added layers of funk, fruit and honey notes. Buy 2 bottles. 1 for now, 1 for next year.
- OmissionGluten Removed, 5.8% ABV 33 IBU Omission Pale Ale is a hoppy and easy-drinking American Pale Ale. Brewed to showcase the Cascade hop profile, Omission Pale Ale’s floral aroma is complemented by caramel malt body, making for a delicious craft beer.